Effective marketing gives your customers a reason to purchase from you instead of your competitors. Under the challenges of COVID-19 (coronavirus), it can also help you to keep your customers loyal to your business. Find out how to market your business under COVID-19.
Update your marketing plan
If you have a marketing plan, consider updating it to suit the situation under the coronavirus. It’s especially important to focus on keeping customers loyal to your business.
- Increase digital marketing – many people are now working from home and spending more time online.
- Be empathetic – this is a challenging time for all of us, recognise this in your messaging and tone of voice.
- Be relevant – this is not the time to post about event planning or travel products.
- Keep your customers updated – let them know what your business is up to and about any changes to your products and services.
Under COVID-19 restrictions, online marketing is an effective way to promote your business and engage with your existing customers. There’s a range of options, each with its own benefits.
Social media is a quick and easy way to promote your business and provide updates on what you’re up to during COVID-19.
Email and text messages
These are good ways to engage with your existing customers.
- Keep customers updated on your business under COVID-19.
- You may wish to send out promotions or offers that you are currently undertaking.
Use your website to provide up-to-date information on your business such as:
- opening hours
- any changes to your products or services under COVID-19
- how you’re keeping customers safe during COVID-19