Looking to change careers, or develop your skills in a new environment, take a look at the job opportunities at the Broome Chamber of Commerce Inc.
A job for an Accounts Guru
Location: Broome WA, Australia
Job Type: We can work with you, if you’re right for us, ideally the position would be fulltime or at a minimum school hours.
The who, the what and the where.
Broome Chamber is a not-for-profit, directed by our voluntary Executive Committee and lead by our CEO. With a close-knit team of six staff dedicated to delivering on all fronts and upholding an impeccable reputation. We are genuinely passionate about what we do and the way we support our members. We offer a growing range of services and continue to advance as the peak industry body for business representation in Broome. Our office is beautiful, in a prime location overlooking the bay and Streeters Jetty. You will have your own desk in an open planned office working with a cohesive team that is supportive, friendly, and willing to help where needed. Our working environment is unique as we all have very different roles that contribute to a much larger framework, so you can expect a non-competitive, inclusive, and thriving working team. We are a small operation; we manage our own IT, and we all pitch in with spot vacuuming and emptying the bins.
We are part of a much bigger network with Chambers across Australia and internationally, who all have a strong commitment to their members and the business community at hand. You’ll always find the answer through collaboration, or colleagues at another Chamber so you can look forward to reaping all the benefits that come with that and networking opportunities at a national standard.
You’ll be a Xero guru, able to problem solve, communicate effectively, and bring an element of passion to our team. You’ll be able to work independently, as part of a team and be happy to take on responsibility and use your own initiative. The Broome Chamber is in a very exciting period of growth and we are ready to implement change, your innovative ideas and suggestions could make a real difference and you have the opportunity to really shine through implementing sustainable and automated practices.
To break it down, your skills and experience in the below areas are essential:
• Bank reconciliation, allocating various receipts/payments from live bank feeds
• Preparation of sales invoices
• Allocating payments once received to correct job codes
• Enter supplier’s bills and reconcile against supplier statements
• Schedule and process payments (batching) of A/P and collections of A/R
• Sending Remittances and responding to client enquiries
• Can resolve the recurring reconciling items showing in the reconciliation reports like Bank Reconciliation, Trade Payables/Receivables
• Draft and submit activity statements (BAS/IAS)
• Process payroll and implement single touch payroll across the organisation
• EOFY Payroll Reconciliation and Single Touch Payroll Finalisation
• Payroll data entry processing and reconciliation with relevant records
• Process superannuation obligations and do relevant reconciliations
• Perform specific reconciliations on payment gateway integrations, including Membership Works, Stripe, Ezidebit
• Process General Journal Entries as Required
• Assist with funding acquittals for grants, tenders and specific jobs (post event reports)
• Assist in the on-going preparation and management of the annual budget (working with the CEO and Treasurer)
• Manage the organisations debtors and follow up on overdue fees such as membership and advertising
• Provide support and guidance to all staff and mentor junior staff to develop an understanding of basic accounts and budgeting (planning events etc)
• Manage the Broome Chamber asset lists (vehicle, IT, furniture etc) and depreciation schedule
• Research, develop and implement solutions that allow the Chamber to grow and stay modern in practice
• Other relevant tasks
Do you have what it takes?
This is a role for a positive, proactive legend who’s keen to get stuck in and make things happen. We have a lot of fun and you will get heaps of great opportunities to build your career with us, often getting exposure to game changing initiatives and firsts for the Kimberley.
You will also need:
• A very high level of confidentiality – like, Fort Knox level
• Experience in a similar role
• A thirst for learning and soaking it up like a sponge – businesses look up to us in how to do business, so we need to be at the forefront
• The ability to take initiative and pitch in and help with anything and everything as needed
• Strong organisational skills
• Exceptional MS Office skills
• Practical, personable and the ability to manage and support our team under pressure
• High attention to detail – non-negotiable
• Solution focused
Can you cut the mustard? Let’s chat!
For the right candidate we will create a perfect position for you, be it hours, flexibility, or personal development. We value our staff, their values, our team morale and we want to recruit someone that is ready for a challenge and really wants to grow with us.
This sounds perfect! Where do I sign up?
To get yourself to the very top of the pile, include a cover letter addressed to our CEO Sharni Foulkes, email@example.com titled ‘Accounts Legend’.
Our preferred resume format is MS Word or PDF. We take your privacy very seriously. Your application is highly confidential and will not be discussed with anyone outside of the Chamber without your permission.
For interesting business announcements, future events and some amusing pictures thrown in for good measure, follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram and check out broomechamber.com.au.