Have you been able to capture the best of Broome?
Then send us your photo of Broome for the chance to win one of three amazing prizes and have your photo on as the front cover of the 2020 Love Broome Directory!
Photographs should be taken in Broome. Theme of pictures should be “Why you #LoveBroome” and can include Broome people, events, food, experiences, and scenery.
Entries must include name the location of photo and contact telephone number, photographs should be no bigger than 2MB and no smaller than 500KB, photos larger or smaller than this will not be considered. The winners will be notified by email and announced on Facebook page @LoveBroomeWA @BroomeCCI
Multiple entries are permitted, subject to the following:
(a) each entry must be substantially unique,
(b) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
Competition closes at 5:00pm WST on 31 August 2019 with the first round of judging to take place during the first week of September.
Terms & Conditions
The competition Promoter is Love Broome/Broome Chamber of Commerce & Industry ABN: 12 061 483 997, Level 1, Woody’s Arcade, 15-17 Dampier Terrace, Broome WA 6725 Phone: 08 9193 5553 W: www.broomechamber.com.au .
The competition is not open to staff and their family of the Love Broome / Broome Chamber of Commerce & Industry. The judging panel will be made up of staff and Executive Committee from the Broome Chamber of Commerce & Industry with Chief Judge Abby Murray of Abby Murray Photography. The judges’ decision is final.
Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter. If a winner of a prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s nominated parent or guardian.
Prizes are subject to supplier availability and are transferable but cannot be exchanged and cannot be taken as cash. If for any reason a winner does not take a prize (or an element of a prize) within the timeframe available, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
When an entrant submits any materials via the promotion including comments, recordings and images (“Content”), the entrant, unless the Promoter advises otherwise, licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such Content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights.
Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for the Content they submit. The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever.
Entrants warrant and agree that:
- they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
- they will obtain prior consent from any person or property that appears in their Content;
- they will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Content, to the uses and terms herein;
- their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and
- they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’ computer or communication
- The Promoter asserts no claims to the rights of any image entered into the competition except as expressed in these Terms and Conditions.
- If The Promoter uses any images through publications, website or social media channels the photographer / entrant will be credited. Entrants consent to the use of their images in this way.
- By entering the competition, entrants grant the Promoter a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license to use credited images through the Promoter’s publications, website and social media channels and to use entrants’ images and names either online or in print media to promote Love Broome and Love Broome Directory at any time in the future.
Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.
Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
Any cost associated with accessing the promotional websites is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
- any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
- any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or
- taking and/or use of a prize.
As a condition of accepting a prize, each winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers and prize suppliers. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to access, opt-out, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.